So today is the day our thirty-day challenge was to begin! But, during the past week, I’ve been thinking, praying & pondering about ways to make this challenge even more meaningful for everyone involved. I’ve learned a lot since the last time I did this & I knew there had to be ways to help you not only get more out of it, but actually see it through to the end!
These are the questions I’ve been asking myself…
- How can I help you stay motivated to keep going & not give up?
- How do I keep you from getting “information overload”?
- How can I bring the thoughts & experiences of others to this challenge?
- What things can you do BEFORE the challenge starts to make it more successful?
I’ve been brainstorming & this is what I’ve come up with…
1. Everyone knows that you are more likely to give up on something when you do it by yourself. You are much more likely to keep going when you have a support group, and you are even more likely to not give up when someone is counting on you. Right? So here’s my solution: We do this challenge in teams of three! And we have a reward for the winning team! I’m still working on the rules & the reward, but believe me, it will keep you motivated!!
2. When you experience information overload, it’s hard to let things sink in & really make an impact. One thing I’ve heard in past challenges is that there’s a lot of great information but not enough time to digest it because we’re moving so quickly. I get it…our lives are busy! Most of us don’t have time to sit & read & think & then write down our thoughts…every single day, for thirty days. My solution: We turn this into a 90-day challenge, so you have three days to soak in the information instead of one! Basically, it will be just like the regular challenge except I’ll be posting a new quote & thought every three days. So you’ll read the blog post the first day & then have two days to process & apply it to your life.
3. It’s so inspiring for me to receive emails about someone’s life-changing experience or “ah-ha moment” that came from participating in the challenge. I’ve always wanted a way to be able to share these stories with my readers, but didn’t have time to fit them into the challenge. Now that we’ll have two days in-between,my solution is: to use one of those days to share your stories. If you have one of those moments during the challenge, I would love for you to email me & I’ll share your experience on my blog. If it’s too personal, I can always keep you anonymous. It is SO powerful to learn from & be inspired by one another!
4. I tend to not give my readers enough heads up when it comes to starting one of these challenges. I feel like a lot more people would participate if they heard about it sooner. Also, there are a couple of things that, if you had time to gather, could make this challenge a lot more powerful. So my solution for that is: we will start this 90-day challenge on June 1st, giving you two weeks to prepare. On Tuesday, May 19th, I will outline everything you’ll need to make this the best challenge ever! This will include how to put together teams, the rules of the contest, & other things I find extremely helpful to get the most out of your experience.
If you have any questions (or if you have a testimonial you’d like to share from participating in a past challenge), please email me over the weekend at email@example.com. I’ll do my best to answer your questions in my post on Tuesday & I’d love to share some of your testimonials!
Thanks for being so awesome! I truly love & appreciate my readers!
We’ll talk again soon,
P.S.Here’s another sneak peek of one of the quotes…